Women in Tech Scotland returns for 2019! Join us on the 3rd September at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre.
Women in Tech Scotland is changing the face of the digital revolution, uniting over 600 women leaders in tech for a day of cutting-edge content. Part of the world’s largest Women in Tech conference series, this event aims to enable people and organisations to connect, learn and take action on gender diversity and inclusion together.
Listen to insights from Scottish women who are driving innovation in the world’s fastest growing industry, enhance your skills portfolio, strengthen your network and celebrate the push for gender parity in the tech sector.
What can I expect on the day?
Stand still in the tech sector, and you'll get left behind. Our conference allows you to deep dive into current tech trends and develop your business strategy based on these innovations. Expect keynote speeches, workshops and technical classes on these topics:
- Tackling stereotypes – How do we give the "techie" image a makeover?
- Getting the men in your organisations engaged with diversity and inclusion.
- Case Studies – What’s worked, what hasn’t and what we’re trying next.
Technology Today, Tomorrow, 2020
- Can we optimise society through Big Data?
- The future of software development.
- Machine and Deep Learning – the cutting-edge of the cutting-edge.
- Automation – Skills we won’t need by 2030 and the ones we will.
Leading Success – Spotlight on female leaders
- Disruptors: Women of Scotland’s start-up scene.
- Finding inspiration outside your comfort zone.
- Preparing for Leadership – gaining credibility and getting your voice heard.
Business Strategies – A new game plan
- Matching emerging tech to business needs.
- Building an inclusive pipeline.
- Attracting and retaining the next generation.
Career Guidance and Personal Development
- Building effective networks to maximise your career.
- Learning to switch off in a world that’s always on.
- Setting up mentor-mentee relationships.
Who will be there?
Celebrate Scotland's vibrant tech scene with talks from these speakers:
- Eve Wallace, COO @ Glasgow Technology Division, Morgan Stanley
- Melinda Matthews Clarkson, CEO @ CodeClan
- Regina Berengolts, Head of Data Science @ TVSquared
- Sarah Lean, Cloud Solutions Architect @ Microsoft
- Bridget Kenyon, Global CISO @ Thales eSecurity
There's many more speakers to be added, watch this space!
Still not convinced? Here’s a note from our producer, Georgia Ermilios:
Scotland leads the way for the UK in employing women and innovations in areas such as AI, Big Data and Cloud Computing, as well as in the ways we work. The opportunities available mean it’s not only an amazing time to be in tech, but to be a leading voice in the movement for positive change.
Building on two years, over 80 speakers, and over 1,000 attendees, this year we’re bringing you not only more focused content relevant to your needs, but features that’ll give you opportunities to step out of your comfort zone, debate key issues and hopefully even surprise yourself.
Calling all women in the tech industry, book now to secure your spot among other innovators in your field! You can follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook to keep up to date with everything Women in Tech Scotland.